51 Gay Slang Phrases You’ve Never Heard Before. Find out about attention Catalog and our authors on our about page.
A lot of us understand common slang that is gay “kiki” or “trade, ” but did you ever hear of a “Lucky Pierre” a “Ring Snatcher? ” When you haven’t, you are one — and you also don’t even understand.
Put together from dictionaries and glossaries featuring centuries of queer slang from around the planet, listed here are 50 unusual or out-of-use expressions that you need to agree to memory. “Over the connection to Pimpleton” we go.
1. Angel food (n. ) – homosexual male pilot currently serving floating around Force.
2. Basket shopping (v. ) – when cruising or checking some body out, British term refers to examining the item of the affection’s personal areas through their clothes.
3. Beat (adj. ) – exceptionally wonderful or great, “fabulous. ” Tonight Example: “Did you see her at the club? That look was beat. ”
4. Bulldagger (n. ) – a masculine girl, closely linked to “butch lesbian. ” Also see: “Diesel lesbian, ” term referring to queer ladies who seem like vehicle motorists.
5. Chapstick lesbian (n. ) – queer identified woman that is athletic and sporty. The phrase denotes that she’s the not the sort to put on makeup products (ala a “lipstick lesbian”) and applies to an even more look that is natural.
6. Chicken (n. ) – a homosexual that is young looking for older males; see additionally: Chicken hawk, talking about a mature homosexual male to locate more youthful lovers.
7. Cottaging (v. ) – British slang for setting up in public places restrooms.
8. Donald Duck (letter. ) – a homosexual male who is dishonorably released through the Navy due to their sexuality; see also: “Dishonorable Discharge, ” or masturbating solamente after attempting to choose somebody up and failing.
9. Doris Day (letter. ) – 90s South slang that is african Gay Pride. Example: “The gays will march on Doris Day. ”
10. Eyeball queen (n. ) – individual who derives pleasure from watching others take part in sexual intercourse.
11. Fanny bellhop (n. ) – gay male used by the hospitality industry, such as for instance a concierge or even a bellhop at a resort.
12. Fish and chips (n. ) – pejorative 90s British slang for the partner and kids of the married “heterosexual” lover.
13. Complete household (n. ) – term utilized to denote having several intimately sent disease at a time.
14. Woman scout (n. ) – military man on leave, presently looking for intercourse.
15. Grimm’s fairy (letter. ) – usually utilized to explain an aging gay male, comparable to “auntie”
16. Hetty (n. ) – reduced type of the expressed word“heterosexual, ” similar to “hetero” or “het. ”
17. Horatian (n. ) – from the belated nineteenth century, term utilized at Oxford amongst Lord Byron and their compatriots to a bisexual individual; see additionally: “Gillette blade, ” talking about a bisexual feminine.
18. Hoyden (n. ) – slang from Britain when you look at the sixteenth century to relate to an untameable, crazy girl or perhaps a tomboy.
19. Frozen dessert (n. ) – someone so sweet that you’ve got the desire to lick them.
20. In sisters (n. ) – two effeminate homosexual males who possess a romantic but relationship that is non-sexual frequently close friends.
22. Iron closet (letter. ) – person in deep denial about their sexuality that is own whom might never ever turn out.
24. Lacy (adj. ) – utilized to a really effeminate homosexual male.
25. Lounge lizard (n. ) – someone who frequents pubs, wanting to grab other individuals’ mates.
26. Fortunate Pierre (letter. ) – the middleman in an Eiffel Tower.
27. Skip Congeniality (n. ) – exceedingly negative term talking about an unlikable or “bitchy” homosexual male.
28. Mom Superior (letter. ) – older and wiser gay male whom has existed the block several times; comparable to “auntie, ” but more favorable.
29. Nine-dollar bill (n. ) – extremely outward homosexual, one three-times more flaming than a person who is “queerer compared to a three-dollar bill. ”
30. In the make (adj. ) – single person entitled to dating or casual intercourse. See additionally: “In circulation. ”
31. Orphan (n. ) – anyone who has been recently separated with.
32. Within the connection to Pimpleton (letter. ) – cumbersome term for homosexual intercourse.
33. Passion fruit (n. ) – old Hollywood term talking about a very straight-acting and typically masculine male.
34. Ring snatcher (n. ) – while having sex, the one who works the role that is bottom. Additionally see: “Pratt. ”
35. Rumpy-Rumpy (n. ) – homosexual intercourse; see additionally: “Bumper to Bumper, ” referring to lesbian genital sex.
36. Sappho Daddy-o (letter. ) – gay male who enjoys the organization of lesbians, comparable to “Fruit Fly” for straight ladies.
37. Saturday Night Lesbian (letter. ) – term for lesbians whom promote themselves as heterosexual on the normal weekdays and may also be within the cabinet to friends and co-workers.
38. Trousers (n. ) – no-longer-in-use term up to a lesbian; see additionally: “Muffer” or Fish that is“Kissing.
39. Smurf (n. ) – another term for twink, frequently more pejorative, since it suggests a “bitchy” demeanor.
40. Tinkerbelle (n. ) – queer man who enjoys being urinated upon.
41. Ursula (n. ) – queer woman who hangs down with “bears; ” also called a “Goldilocks. ”
42. Vampire (n. ) – gay men whom venture out in search of hookups later during the night.
43. Vegan (n. ) – homosexual male that will maybe not provide dental.
44. Warm bruder (n. ) – German phrase accustomed identify a homosexual male; “warm” is German slang for “homosexual. ”
Note: If you live in Germany, you’ve surely heard that one. English and American German-speakers have actually a poor practice of saying “Ich bin” that is warm hot times, being unsure of what they are really saying.
45. Wendy (n. ) – a person that is caucasian.
46. Wolf (n. ) – gay male who’s neither a twink nor a bear, but falls someplace in involving the two poles; comparable to a cub.
47. Wrinkle room (n. ) – pejorative term for a club whose clients mainly contains older gays.
48. Garden boy (n. ) – gay male who enjoys making love in public places, particularly in outside venues.
49. Yestergay (n. ) – former homosexual who now identifies as straight, generally known as “ex-gays. ”
50. Zanie (n. ) – archaic 19th century expression talking about a homosexual that is male
51. Zipper club (n. ) – a sex celebration or orgy that takes invest a general public area, such as a bathhouse or perhaps a club.
Note: Autostraddle possesses great range of lady-centric queer expressions, a number of that have been included here. Check always the rest out on the web site. Madison Moore also offers a listing explaining best wishes homosexual slang that is black.
Have the best of idea Catalog in your inbox.
Subscribe to the idea Catalog Weekly and obtain the very best tales through the week to your inbox every Friday.
You might unsubscribe whenever you want. By subscribing, you consent to the regards to our Privacy declaration.
In regards to the writer
Find out about attention Catalog and our authors on our about page.
Castle Jackpot Mmorpgs provided to Nativ …
Whether or not you’re applying to …
Searching for woman for find mates, onli …
Get the Loan Approved 1 with Money3 Rega …
How For you to Keep Increase and Diabete …
We Inform You Of Car Finance Calculator …
Unsecured loans for the 500 credit ratin …
From Payday Advances To Pawnshops: Fring …
Tinder: Functions if you’re a trul …
Movie Regarding Igaming Special someone Cigarette smoking Because of Experience Deal with cover up Within just Gaming restaurant Proceeds Viral
Movie Regarding Igaming Special someone …